What is Vestibular Rehabilitation Physiotherapy?
Vestibular Rehabilitation is a specialized area of Physiotherapy that deals with the correction of vertigo, dizziness, lightheadedness, balance problems and post-concussion symptoms.
It is an exercise based approach that is specifically tailored to meet each individual’s needs and correct their specific issue.
A vestibular disorder is often the result of:
- Head Trauma (Sports injuries, Motor vehicle accidents, falls)
- Inner Ear Infections
- Illness or Disease
Symptoms of a vestibular dysfunction may include:
- Spinning sensations (associated with changes in head position)
- Poor Balance
- Motion sensitivity
- Difficulty reading or concentrating (including working on a computer)
- Light and Noise Sensitivity
- Difficulty with watching television
- Blurred vision with head movements