What is TelePhysio (Online Physiotherapy)?
TelePhysio is an innovative and evidence-based form of Physiotherapy that includes a comprehensive initial assessment, a personalized home exercise program, education and movement re-training. Clinical studies have shown that these methods parallel in-clinic treatment outcomes. There will be circumstances where an in-person visit is required ~ but research continues to show virtual visits can address and treat the same needs for many conditions. However, at this time, in-person sessions are unavailable due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Who can benefit from TelePhysio?
TelePhysio can work for any of the following (and more!):
- Parents balancing a busy family life
- Professionals with limited out-of-office time
- Someone living in a remote community
- Poor weather conditions
- Practitioners who wish to consult other health professionals (mentoring)
What services can I receive via TelePhysio?
You can receive many of our services via TelePhysio, including:
- Physiotherapy (strains, sprains, pain, movement dysfunction, etc.)
- Exercise Education and Program creation
- Pre-Op / Post-Op hips and knees
- Concussion Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
How it Works
Jane’s TelePhysio feature is built within Jane’s secure infrastructure and is designed from the ground up to be secure. All data is encrypted in transit, and nothing is ever recorded or stored. In most cases, the encrypted data flows directly from your device to your therapists device bypassing Jane’s servers altogether – security by design.
All you need is an internet connection, access to a desktop, laptop, smart phone or tablet (NOTE: Android, Windows, and MacOS are supported; iOS for iphones and ipads are NOT yet supported), and to follow these instructions:
1. Book your initial assessment/consultation online HERE or by emailing or phoning the clinic
* Email us or by phoning 519-584-0202
* Please note your credit card information will be collected at the time of booking to secure your appointment but will not be charged until after your assessment
2. Complete your intake forms. They will be emailed to you as soon as you book your appointment. Please take the time to complete these prior to your appointment
3. You can join your TelePhysio appointment using either a cell phone, iPad or a desktop computer
4. Please arrive at your appointment a few minutes early –
** note: from a desktop please use google chrome or safari web browser **
5. When your therapist is ready they will welcome you from the waiting room with a live video connection in your private and secure one-to-one appointment.
To ensure you have a great appointment please ensure the following:
- You have your camera set up in a location that allows you to move around and still be seen
- You have clear audio (you may want to consider using earbuds for clearer sound, although not necessary)
- Have a private space free of distraction so you can focus on what you need
Following your appointment, your therapist will summarize the goals and treatment plan you agree on, assist you with booking your follow-up sessions and email your home exercise program.
TelePhysio Initial Assessment – $95 (60 minutes)
20 minute treatment– $50
30 minute treatment– $65
40 minute treatment– $80
60 minute treatment – $100
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will my insurance pay for my TelePhysio services?
Yes! Currently, Canada Life and Sun Life will cover TelePhysio sessions. If you have a different provider, we recommend calling them directly to confirm reimbursement for TelePhysio appointments.
2. Can you direct bill to my insurance provider?
Yes! We can direct bill to Canada Life and Sun Life on your behalf for your TelePhysio session. *We cannot process coordinated benefits.
3. How do I know who to book with?
Huron Crossing Physiotherapy clinicians are all licensed to practice online Physiotherapy in Ontario.
Feel free to book your session with any of the following clinical providers:
Physiotherapy: Steve and Kyler
Concussion: Steve and Kyler
4. Can you treat everything via TelePhysio?
You can expect to receive the same exceptional care throughout your TelePhysio session as you would in the clinic. While many conditions or injuries can be treated through our TelePhysio services, not all injuries can be addressed virtually. Your therapist will inform you if they feel that hands-on treatment would be more applicable.
Common treatments through TelePhysio include education, active exercise, review and progression of home exercise programs, movement retraining, self-mobilization and self-stretching.